Boiler servicing & heating breakdown repairs
in St Albans & surrounding areas
BOILER & SYSTEM
HEATING & SYSTEM
The Importance of Boiler Servicing and Heating Breakdown Repairs
Boiler maintenance and breakdown repairs are essential for maintaining a reliable and efficient heating system. Regular servicing helps detect issues early, prolong your boiler’s life, and ensure it operates at peak efficiency. In the event of a breakdown, prompt and professional maintenance is crucial to restore your heating system’s functionality and safety. Whether you require routine maintenance or emergency repair services, choosing expert technicians ensures your boiler is in skilled hands, guaranteeing comfort and peace of mind.
Heating Appliance Servicing
Boilers are an essential part of our homes. They provide heating and hot water, and we rely on them to function on demand. The more efficient they are, the less it costs to run. Manufacturers recommend that heating appliances are serviced annually to maintain safety and performance to help prevent a breakdown and avoid costly repairs. To ensure the annual service is not forgotten, we will send you an automatic service reminder. Our heating engineers are Gas Safe and OFTEC registered to carry out servicing, and maintenance on all gas, oil, and LPG appliances, and we service and maintain all makes and models.
Why should I service my appliances regularly?
- To keep you safe and protect you from carbon monoxide issues
- Keep you up to date with safety standards
- To save you money by running more efficiently
- To help prevent untimely and expensive breakdowns
- To comply with the manufacturer’s warranty
Quality Reliable Servicing
Domestic central heating boilers
Gas, oil & LPG boilers
Open flue boilers
Unvented hot water cylinders
Boiler repairs to get you back up and running
Central heating breakdowns usually happen at the worst time. This commonly happens when temperatures drop, and the boiler has to work harder, so if it’s going to go wrong, it will generally happen during the colder period. The good news is that it can be repaired quickly, with most breakdown repairs completed during the first visit. Our engineers are fully trained to install and maintain gas, oil and LPG central heating systems.
We understand the stress and discomfort of having no hot water or central heating. If you live within Hertfordshire, we will endeavour to repair your boiler the same day we receive your call.
We’ve been repairing gas, oil-fired, and LPG boilers for over 30 years and have built a reputation for locating and fixing problems accurately. Our expert engineers are often complimented on their prompt and efficient service.
Service & repairs FAQs
Why choose PHP Services?
PHP Services are your best choice for boiler and central heating installation, servicing and repair in Hertfordshire and surrounding areas
- Highly rated by our customers
- Experienced qualified Gas Safe & OFTEC engineers
- Friendly & efficient customer service team
- Up to ten years warranty
- Competitive pricing & value for money
- Spread the cost with finance options, including 0% finance packages
- Vaillant MasterTec Advanced installers
- Google Pro installers
- Digital certification provided
- Awesome aftercare packages
What can a boiler and system service involve?
- An initial visual inspection
- The boiler fired safely to identify any working faults
- Flue Gas Analyser performance check
- The boiler casing will be removed to inspect all main boiler components visually
- Ensure there are no gas or water leaks
- Check and re-pressurise the expansion vessel
- Check and clean the condensate trap and pipework
- Ensure any safety devices are working correctly
- Check case seals form an effective seal
- Checks on the flue (externally and internally)
- Inspect the ventilation is adequate
- Checking the operating pressure and heat input
- Remove and clean the burner
- Clean the heat exchanger
- Check and clean the magnetic filter
- Check inhibitor levels and top up if necessary
- Check that controls operate correctly
- Bleed Radiators and Top Up System Pressure
- Ensure radiators are heating properly
- A digital service report showing everything the engineer has done
What repairs do we carry out?
- Broken boilers
- Leaking Radiators
- Noisy Pumps
- Cold radiators
- Faulty thermostats & programmer
- Underfloor heating thermostats and components