Gas Safety Inspections
By law, it is required that all landlords who partially or fully rent a property in the UK, must have the gas supply system and gas appliances checked annually.
A gas safety inspection involves a Gas Safe registered engineer from PHP Services inspecting your gas appliances. We will ensure the appliance is working correctly and will check the following areas:
- The gas supply system including meter, meets regulations, and is gas tight
- Gas appliances are on the right setting and burning correctly with the correct operating pressure
- Harmful gases are being removed from the appliance safely to the air outside
- That any ventilation routes are clear and working properly
- All the safety devices are working
The check will identify any defects which require remedial work. You should have a gas safety check every year. If you are a landlord this is a legal requirement.
Our engineer will record all relevant information digitally and your details will be stored on our database enabling us to send you a annual reminder. Your record will then be sent to you instantly via email.
When we carry out gas safety inspections, we can service your boiler and check existing, or fit new Smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarms at the same time, saving you time and money.
Although not a legal requirement, many letting agents now insist a Portable Appliance Test (usually known as a PAT test), is also carried out annually. PHP Services can also carry this out for you whilst at your property, cutting down costs and inconvenience for your tenant.