Hot Water Cylinders
The Cylinder, usually found in an airing cupboard is your home’s store of hot water. Heated either through your boiler, an immersion heater or linked to solar thermal panels, water gets stored here ready for use.
You don’t have to have a hot water cylinder, ‘Combi’ boilers can heat hot water on demand. So why have a store of hot water?
The main benefits are:
- Potential for higher water flow rates from your taps
- The ability to run several taps at the same time
- Pumped shower capability depending on your choice of cylinder
- Hot water can get to the taps quicker, you don’t have to wait for the water to ‘heat up’ as with a ‘Combi’ boiler
- The option of immersion heater back-up, if your boiler breaks down you will lose your Central Heating but still be able to have a hot shower!
To find out more about different types of hot water system, visit our blog.